Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tokyo Disney/fun weekends



So, sorry everyone that I have not updated in a while!!!!! Things have been pretty much the same for the past couple of weeks. I go to school, then study, then go hang with my friends. Thankfully my friends are in the same apartments building so I don't have to go far or my friends come to my apartment building because it is just so popular. =)

I went to TOKYO DISNEY!!! Which was a ton of fun and was even better because we went on Halloween day. It is pretty much exactly like the one in California. It was still very Japanese though, women dressed in provocative disney princess dresses every where! I went some great friends too.



The pictures below has some of my friends Jacob, Dajung, Haruka, and Eri. All are great and really cool to chill with (I wanted to add some slang).



One of my favorite places to go is Yokohama!!! It is so cool and it is also where I have been going to church. The church has been really fun and really good. They are a great group of people who love Jesus. It is very very refreshing to be around. Japan is so unspiritual, it's a very strange environment to be in but so awesome at the same time. I have been going to two different Bible studies too! One at a friends house closer to downtown Tokyo, and one on campus. The one on campus is ok but it is in Japanese so I don't usually have any idea what they are saying but remains to be good listening practice. The one farther away is in English. It is run by some amazing people too. Most of the people who go are from different parts of the world. India, Malaise, China, Japan, Korea, America, and maybe a couple others. It is awesome! My friend Dajung and I have been going to those each weekend. We always have a ton of fun going to them. Traveling anywhere in Japan is an adventure.









I am trying my best to stay a second year right now. I should be able to do it with the help of my parents, who are awesome! I love them both and appreciate how much support I have gotten from them. My whole family actually has been really supportive, and I love them so much for it. The dollar is not doing great but I will pray that God will help me stay here!!! I really want to... I love my friends and lifestyle. I do wish to see my family and friends from back home though. That is why I regularly tell them they should come out here. =)

Just to put any questions about me having a girlfriend down, for sure, I do not have a girlfriend haha. Didn't really ever have a girlfriend. We went on maybe two dates and then decided to just be friends, and that was back in September. So haha no, i do not have one. =) I know that is disappointment for some, because some want me to marry an amazing asian cook. (Stephaine, Stacy, Megan...) Well she could not cook, so there. My hunt for the perfect cook is still on hahahaha.

Studying has gone really well!!! I got really good scores on my midterms for Japanese. 95% on my vocab and grammar, 100% on my Kanji, and have not received my scores for the oral test, but I know it went well. My Modern History midterm is today and a little bit nervous about it. I have to write two 2 page essays in class as well as do 15 short essays on specific people!!!!

Well there ya'll have it for now!! If anything else new that comes up I will tell you!!! I miss ya'll and want you to that I am available to call at this number if you can afford it haha. 080-3202-8405. I am also available if you want to send me a Christmas present!!!!!

My address is:

111 riverside court 600 Negishi-cho, Machida city, Tokyo 194-0034 Japan

1 comment:

Vera said...

you look a mite emo in that first photo. but you're so suave it doesnt matter :3